Monday, July 25, 2011

The Lamps Are Bases




Well, the photos from the iPhone don't do these justice, and neither do the cheap lamp kits I bought. I need better lamp kits and I'm going to have a bit of difficulty finding shades that make me happy. A few people have suggested that I need to make my own shades, and I think they may be right. The cheap lamp kits seemed fine, until these were done. Now the cheap brass looks cheap and shiny.

I will definitely make more, once I figure out better lamp kits.

The flowers are forget-me-nots and orange blossoms with a little liberty on colors. I wanted romantic, loving flowers for our bedroom, but orange blossoms are actually white. I "upped" the color a bit to make them prettier. The forget-me-nots are a little more purple than they would be in real life, but not as purple as the photo makes them seem. The blue sky spray really turned out exactly as I would have wanted it.

Questions? Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment